Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Allow Me to Introduce Myself...

This is Day One of my new "housewife" blog, but you don't need to be a stay-at-home mom to appreciate the information I plan to share.  My husband and I have been married for 3 ½ years, we both work, and we do not have children yet.  Generally speaking, we are a fairly modern couple.  However, since I am only working part-time, I currently take on the majority of the household responsibilities.  I don't always feel like a domestic diva, but I'd like to change that in 2012, and I think this blog might just be the motivation I need to get organized. 
Today's woman is under quite a bit of pressure to find success in her professional life as well as maintain a spotless home.  Meanwhile, she is expected to keep a picture perfect appearance herself.  Not unlike the housewives of the 50s, she also believes she must be a gracious hostess, always prepared to entertain on a moment's notice.  And let's not forget the expectations of her husband...
At times, being a modern woman can be overwhelming.  I plan to share a variety of simple recipes, cleaning and organizing tips, as well as DIY craft and decorating ideas.  To get started, enjoy these helpful planner printables courtesy of  http://www.lifes-a-journal.com/.


No comments:

Post a Comment